Friday, January 11, 2013

I am What I am

I am what I am for all the reasons I am an American.
Traveling back to where my family and I came from,
It's Chinese who we are and we came from another realm.
I travel from Queens to Manhattan in a hectic and on going train,
People consider me as Chinese-American.
But I don't care and nobody dare.
I am an invisible zephyr blow gently across the places
And seeing all kinds of faces, but I'll never be noticed.
Never look up or down and don't know what is going on.
Thinking about my own problems and always make a frown.
I am different but I am special.
I am a third child with three siblings
And we all like to eat delicious dumplings.
I am a puzzle and always searching for answers in my noodle.
Trying to find a way to help my family,
Education is what I need and to stay healthy.
But when I can't figure out any problems
I'll go wondering and dazing with no particular reasons.
I am what the world makes of me
And I am an artist with variety of interests.
Puzzle is part of me and every small pieces of it are put together to form me.
One piece for loving my family,
One piece for interested in classical music,
One piece for loving art,
And another for loving the world.
I am proud to be where I am, who I am, what I am
And to be part of the nation.

- Lizhu Chen
   Freshman of Spring 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment